Wednesday, April 01, 2009

love. freedom. happiness.

like most, for a big part of my life, i hated monday. granted that it is not its fault to be situated at such a bad spot but when you've been partying, sleeping late, waking up after noon, playing video games, watching movies or just wasting the day away being as lazy as you can, it's pretty hard not to feel animosity towards the particular day that thrusts you back to world beyond your own and starts a new cycle of work/school where time never really is yours. monday was the day i always wished would never come.

but not anymore.

i found love and found a reason to love monday. work begins on tuesday for me and right after my shift on saturday, i lug my bagful homeward, craving for the much needed weekend rest. instead of dreading its arrival, i can hardly wait for monday to come around because for some reason, it has become the day that my girlfriend and i have for ourselves. sometimes, we get to see each other on saturdays and sundays, but it is only on a monday when we really are together. we do not love each other less on any other day of the week, but on monday, we are one.

march 30, 2009 was a monday. at 4am i was sitting on an orange chair on the bus station, waiting for her, without any indication of the great day ahead of us. with barely enough sleep, i cradled her in my arms as she slumbered on and off through the trip. i did not notice what was playing on the bus tv or radio, only her shivers, goosebumps, slight body spasms and baby-calm breathing. every time she'd take over my lap for a nap, i'd feel the surrender of her weight the moment she succumbed to the sandman.

we found our destination but had to kill time so we ate and played scrabble. i am so in love with this woman who is okay with killing time by playing psp and not talking about stuff we could talk about some other time when we don't have to kill it. when she told her friends about us, she blushed and i swooned. the main purpose of the journey took a while and spent a long time between vans laughing at tambourines and farts. i love the way she perspires. the sweat doesn't bead or drip on her skin. it simply glistens. we were somewhere near quiapo and i had an image in my head of those people touching and wiping the nazareno as i did the same to her. i worship her. she wouldn't let me carry her bag no matter how i insist. i find it cute how she evades my cheek attacks. there is about two hours worth of chronicling that i have to skip so let's just say it feels so awesome to be her guy and that she cant go into the nbi office because smoking is not allowed there. we held hands when we walked and even when we ran to catch the bus.

late in the afternoon, i took her to my aunts and introduced her to everybody there. they talked to her. my mom had ignored the others even when they talked to her, but my mom talked to her. for the first time, my mother initiated a conversation with my girlfriend. wow99. i lured an ill-tempered jaja with my psp to her and an inspiring memory was made. i never thought mondays could be that great. i may not be religious but that monday was a miracle. i wished it not to end and although it did, i know that with the recent developments in our lives, there are more, better mondays, as well as tuesdays, wednesdays, thursdays, fridays, saturdays and sundays to look forward to.

thank you, kitten.

p.s.

5 comments:

Kitten said...

Oh love.
This post is perfect..
I can't wait for our grand revelation.

I love you very much.

- Kitten

ps.
HEH!!!

jaiskizzy said...

yes! i am so excited as well. damn i hope my writing "power" doesnt fail me that day. i love you very much too!

acey said...

great stuff, jai! i'm happy a for you 2. cute nickname, too. lol

Unknown said...

love is in the air.. sosyal... yikkeeee. lol

Miss Ivy Nicanor said...

haijai,

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU...