Monday, July 10, 2006

tech it out

welcome me back, jack.

allow me first to extend my gratitude to the wonderful folks who keep tuning in to this blog despite the inadequate amount of updates. ironic how im online every single minute of my work hours but unable to post a word on my blog. them free web proxies aint no help either. still, some good-natured creatures took the time to pay a visit and, for a guy who handles customer complaints all the time, i appreciate such lil gestures of kindness (yes, im that easy to please). to my dear friends, thank you, thank you and... did i say thank you yet?

here is a picture of a brand new sony playstation 2 still in a box:

and that brand new ps2 is mine!!!

oh yeah. i bought it in greenhills about a week ago from a shop named eyo and ive been having a hard time keeping my hands off it ever since. layla went green-eyed monster mode of course, but because she is the perfect girlfriend, she eventually understood the situation: im a kid and santa actually gave me what i want for christmas (she did at first, she was with me when i bought it and helped me a bit with the damage, and didnt find out its side effects until after ive played it during half of my sleep time for a couple of days). i swear that when i opened the box, a choir hit a high note and treasure-chest-like light emanated from within as i laid my eyes on its beautiful bad-ass blackness. anyways, the price tag included the console, a/v and power cables, two controllers, a memory card, and ten games. a sweet deal! first thing i played on it was god of war, and what a great way to get introduced to the console, baptism by hellfire (actually, when we tested it in the store, i chose final fantasy x so technically that would be the first one)! this bloody game rocks. one good thing about it was that it was easy to get into. no boring tutorials needed, just take the controller, punch em buttons and pale-skinned red-tattooed kratos will kick evil enemy ass with a swing-slash-chop of his blades of chaos. another thing is that it's not all slice and dice mass murder mayhem, there are neat puzzles thrown in to give your adrenaline a rest and get your brain juices sloshing. brutal, bloody, and booby, a tough but fast mythology-based game. next up on my playlist: need for speed most wanted and final fantasy x.

ive also got a brand new mobile phone, the nokia 3250 (the twisty thing that you've probably seen advertised in ayala cinemas), but i didnt buy it myself. my father did. because my previous one, 7650, was fcked up. i didnt ask for it, i was planning to save up for a new phone after the ps2, but i guess my parents had a few moolah to spare so voila! thanks, dad and mum (not what i actually call my 'rents).

oh and layla bought a fridge as well. small, cute and white. no more not-cold drinks. and next-to-nothing electric bills.

well that's it. that's the update. i'll be hoppin around to check out your blogs. till next time, guys.

5 comments:

binx said...

oooh! lots of new stuff. must be very very happy! hehe.

replied to your comment. nothing to worry about. it's normal. i don't think it's relationship-threatening. :)

Jigs said...

WooHoo! New post! Ahh, I remember when I first played the PS2. My first game was gulty gear. A good fighting game, one of the best for the PS2. Prince of Persia is also good!

Does your GF play also? If she does, I think she'll enjoy FFX-2. I can advice you on so much more games but it would take a while. Plus, I think you know what game to buy!

I totally agree with God of War! I finished it too. Its great kaya lang parang walang kwenta yung ibang Gods compared kay Ares! Dapat lumaban din sila. hehe! It has a part 2 but it will be on PS3. Now that's a console I can't wait to get my hands on!

Have fun and abuse that PS2! hehe!

Patty said...

kewl! PS2! i'm not really the video game playing person but one time i got to try the PS2 and it was reall awesome. hahaha!
and you got yourself a 3250. hahaha! jeeez i wish i had a new phone. i've had my current phone for 3 years already. -_- hahaha!

~~~
uhh, yeah. some positions could resign, depending on the reason. hahaha :p

tc always!

Katia said...

you must have lotsa moolah to spare huh?

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »