Tuesday, July 01, 2008

the square root of tears

jackpot wrote me a poem:
skip counting

how can one feel neglected
if that's not what two intended?

she tried real hard to mend it
took her time to spend it
like the shadow at his feet
she relentlessly had to repeat
what made them fall in love at first
and how they are haunted by their worst
she was too easy
to cry like a baby
but she never cared
no, she never cared
one walked the old road of solitude
maintained his unfaltering attitude
with blistered feet she caught him
with a loss for breath she held him
but he never cared
no, he never cared

what is two to do
when one can't handle three?

so i wrote her one as well:
pseudoku

hand-clasped lovers in front of me,
we too would be eventually.
i must ignore my misery
and wait a little longer.

hours pass and pages fly,
i find you with another guy.
i must control my urge to cry
and be a little stronger.

i need to go. dont fail me, feet.
be brave to walk an endless street.
i must accept my brief defeat
and push a little further.

aching legs and heaving chest,
i know i've done my very best.
i must allow my heart to rest
and dream a little murder...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

u're a genius, love.
isa kang dabest! hehe.
i love you very much.

so.. sino ka dun sa tatlong dahon? XD

The Headstrong Chick said...

Lovers tend to be poetic..

Anonymous said...

I see colors of love here huh!

Anonymous said...

wifey: you are dabestest. i love you so much. wala ako dun sa tatlong dahong korteng puso. makahiya ako e. anyways, mali pala sa mark lapid. hindi lang saging ang may puso!!!

lotuzz: yeah. my wifey is very poetic. she has a nice powet.

haven: gray?!

Katia said...

talaga namaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. :)