Saturday, January 28, 2006

target practice

the succeeding paragraph is not meant to draw readers/visitors to my side of the conflict. i am merely hoping that by divulging the said conflict, my clouded cranium would clear up, maybe with a little help from good souls would care enough to comment or give advice. so here goes...

everyday, ideas come to me like bullets to the head. i'd be sitting on the crapper and suddenly... bam! in comes a comic book concept. or inside a bus tryin to keep my eyes away from the stupid pinoy flick being shown and then zunk! my second novel (and i have yet to write down the first). these ideas are always different and i feel as if no one else's ever gonna think of em. big or small, i love my all. i consider them as my children, fetuses waiting to be born from my pregnant brain. some have been lucky to be let out to world, the rest still swimming in mind juice and bumping into newcomers. anyways, when john (deadspot co-director) sold me his digital camera (called her "gigi", i give some of my special stuff names too, tin), he told me about the short film he'd be shooting soon entitled "manyika". since it was a usual thing for us to throw blabbers at each other, i got to talking about one of my ideas, a horror short film. he said he liked it and asked me if i'd want to shoot it simultaneously with his. i wanted to, of course, and so i told him that id write it down and get back to him. the next time we conversed was through ym about a week later. i had my horror film concept but not a title. john and i was discussing this and i really wanted to have a nice title to hold my wonderful concept into place. the moment john typed in "20/20" as a suggestion, everything fell apart (long backstory short: ive seen a short indie flick with that exact same title last year and i didnt want to seem like i copied it.) we logged off without settling on anything. what i did next was recycle my original idea and i came up with something 20/20-ish which i emailed to john who flat out rejected it. and then he presented a synopsis of my original idea but with significant changes and plastered with that darn title "20/20", including a clause that says if in case i didnt like his version, he'd go right ahead and make the film himself and give me a "based on" credit. that's when i blew. there was no way i was letting anyone take my great idea and screw with it. and so now, our friendship is crumbling. i know somewhere in there i am to blame as well but im pretty certain that most of it is his fault. ( i was about to make a link to the email debate between john and me plus the rest of my tirade on this malodorous matter, but it contains details that id hate anyone else to see and copy).

last sunday, went to my my first airsoft war game. randell parcon was there and he lent me his rifle (mine was a pistol compared to his) and mask, which proved very useful for i was taken out of the gunplay when some dude with a well-found firing position bombarded me with bb pellets on the face. but only after i scared him a couple of times with my return assault as well. layla was there for support. i made her fire some shots at a gatorade bottle. she enjoyed doin it but the newbie couldnt hit the target (she plays time crisis real good though).

and finally, my first "jaiku" (obviously "jai" and "haiku" put together). blog post ends after the last dot. later!

behind her husband,
i could see her troubled eyes
staring back at me...

2 comments:

binx said...

hope u could still work something out. make two versions or something?

and yeah, 20/20 doesn't sound too original. tell him i said so. kidding.

saw pictures of obi, the airsoft war game looks interesting. kaya lang parang it's an expensive sport to play. would like to try someday though.

i hope layla updates her blogspot too. i'm running out of well-written blogs to read.

=)

jaiskizzy said...

really dont know how things would work out. bahala na. ewan ko ba dun sa intsik na un.

sige, airsoft ka! layla showed interest but not enough to actually buy her own gun and go to war. it's fun! like counterstrike, only real (half-real pala. di naman tunay na bullets).

i keep telling her to blog again but she isnt up to it at present.

hey, thanks!!